Saturday, January 12, 2013

Little of This, Little of That

A little tidbit about me--I am a perfectionist with certain things.  You'll probably notice that during your time on 10 Fickle Fingers.

I got some goodies in the mail today and knew I couldn't take photos outside and expect them to turn out well (snow, no sun).  I knew I'd have to make a lightbox.  I started with a smaller box but opted for a larger one.  Making the lightbox was fairly easy to do using some how to's I found on the internet.  Since I had all the materials on hand that I needed, it was also free!

In the future, I may take pictures of swatches in various lighting.  I think that the shade, the sun and my lightbox would be good sources to get a nice variety of how a nail polish may look on you.  At the moment, I do not have my digital SLR camera here so I had to use what I had available for the following photos.  I think once I get my Olympus back, the pictures will improve greatly!

I will be posting a NOTD (nail of the day) with one of the polishes I won from TreasuresByTan, which I received today.  It was very difficult to choose the two polishes I wanted.  I know I will be purchasing some soon!  There are so many unique polishes in Tanya's shop.  All items are handmade and there is more than just nail polish!

Look at the way Tanya wrapped the treasures!
I won a zebra 14" x 14" pillow cover (so soft, folded in the picture), a lip gloss and lip balm (I got to pick the flavor of that), a necklace, bracelet, earrings and matching stretch ring, two nail polishes (SO tough to narrow it down to two).

I chose Dolphin's Cove and Reindeer Games.  I also added about 20 other polishes from TreasuresByTan to my wishlist!

Love the glittery goodness!

Cotton Candy Twist lip gloss and Orange Cream Vanilla lip balm .. YUM!

Handcrafted necklace and bracelet
Handcrafted stretch ring and matching earrings
TreasuresByTan also offers custom orders.  Be sure to check out Tanya's Facebook page for sneak peeks.  Do you own anything from Tanya?

Do you blog?  Do you use a lightbox or do you prefer using the good ol' sun?  What kind of camera do you use?  Let this new blogger hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment