Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Literary Lacquers Lake of Shining Waters

Man oh man, do I have a polish for you today!  I think this one is back-up (or two) worthy!  I have tons of photos for you because I wanted to capture the teal holo in all it's glory.

I only recently became aware of Literary Lacquers through a swap group I belong to on Facebook.  It is a birthday group where we each send to the birthday girl during her month.  Due to a drop out (I am SO glad now), I got May even though my birthday is in October.

The mastermind behind Literary Lacquers, Amy, did not even know until today that I had a blog. That is how lacking I have been!  Amy sent three of her polishes to me in the swap and this one has not even been released yet.  It is Lake of Shining Waters from her Green Gables collection.  The collection is inspired by Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery.  More photos and information about Amy and her polishes after the jump.




Most of these were taken outside in the sun.  The first three (and the very last one) I took in the shade.  On each nail, I used Seche base coat, three coats of Lake of Shining Waters.  I used Out the Door top coat on my thumb, index finger and middle finger.




















The polish was easy to apply.  I used three thin coats and probably could have done four.  I tried using thicker coats on a couple of fingernails but they got bubbly so I had to remove the polish and start over with those two.  

What do you think about this awesome upcoming nail polish?  Be sure to like Literary Lacquers on Facebook for updates on restocks and advance looks.

The Lake of Shining Waters is just one of the collection of six being released on June 5th (mark your calendars!).  The other five are:
  • Green Gables: a mid-toned grass green linear holo
  • Raspberry Cordial?: a raspberry pink linear holo with added holo glitter
  • Anne with an E: an opalescent glitter topcoat
  • Carrots Carrots: a peachy-orange crelly with tons of orange glitter
  • Marilla's Amethyst Brooch: an amethyst shimmer with a pink to orange color shifting flash
Literary Lacquers was inspired by two passions, literature and nail polish.  It was recently founded (2012) and all polishes are 3-free.  Be sure to favorite Amy's shop on etsy.  My thanks go out to her for sending this polish.  Now, I am off to her facebook page to see if there are more sneak peeks at the Green Gables collection!

2 comments:

  1. Love the shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Be sure to check back for a comparison post, too! That's all I am going to say at the moment.

      Delete